Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our trip to St. George.....

This past weekend Myah, Hayden and I decided that we needed a change of scenery. So we went to visit Jason in St. George. Can I just tell you, how nice and needed it was to get out of "So Fake-Salt Lake"(as Mikell would say)?! Despite Myah and Hayden having a 24 hour stomach bug-flu type thing Friday night. As bad as it sounds, it was nice not having to wash barfy sheets, the dear housekeeping staff did it for me instead. Then we found out that Jason had to work Saturday!
Myah and Hayden seemed like they were feeling better by Saturday afternoon. So we went for a drive through St. George. While we were out, we went to In-N-Out. Tasty, tasty! That night, with Myah and Hayd feeling better, we got together with some old friends, that live down there, for a BBQ and a Bonn fire(for old times sake). It was really cool to have us all together again, after so many years. Seeing the way our children interacted with one another, was priceless! But it was cut short by the stomach bug getting the best of me Saturday night :o( So we had to leave Paul's house to get me back to the hotel. I vow from this day on I, I will never ever eat at In-N-Out again!

Myah sitting inside watching I-Carly. She wasn't fond of the fire pit gathering.

Hayden is just like his dad- He loves fire- Oh dear!

Hanging out by Paul's fire pit.











This is my artistic pic of a windmill on our family scenic tour..

Sunday I started feeling better. I wanted to make the most of our trip, so we went to the infamous "Colorado City." As many of you know, Jason's father's family lives and practices there. He wanted to show me what it was like in person. Can you just say CULTURE SHOCK?? Now I am in no means casting stones, but Oh My Goodness!! For starters, it's in the middle of the desert no-where, the roads aren't paved, there aren't any street lamps and people are not allowed to have dogs. But it was somewhat interesting to see their homes and how large they are(obviously they would have to be big with so many people living in them). How large the church is! It holds 5,ooo followers!! But aside from that we went to the cemetery there, so Jas could pay his respects and visit his grandfather's grave. Which really meant a lot to him.


















This is a view of the polygamist's church... from the cemetery where we visited Jason's grandfather's grave.










I had to get a pic of this house...Obviously it doesn't have windows, but like many other homes here, it doesn't have brick, siding or stucco. It's ply-wood, painted ply-wood??

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I loved the pics especially the one of the kids sleeping, (can you say pricless!)Hayd was totally mesmerized by the fire pit. Kind of scary. I'm glad you had the time away from fake Salt lake. I'm glad you are back again. I missed you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fun! I love the picture of both Myah and Hayden sleeping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...oh so fake Salt Lake! lol =) I am so glad you guys got away for the weekend and I love the new blog page! too cute.

    ReplyDelete